I began writing this blog at a time when I felt like I was missing motivation in all aspects of my life. I found myself just going through the motions without connecting thought to any of my actions.
I kept finding myself frustrated with how nothing was changing. There were no significant changes in my health, no rediscovered enthusiasm from my job, no profound educational or eyeopening experience to write home about… I was mindlessly coasting.
I imagine it’s easy to fall into this trap. It was for me. But no more!
Being “good enough” provided me the security to hang out for a little while. But when pieces started to fall from “good” to “fine,” good no longer felt good enough and fine didn’t feel so fine.
“The good is the enemy of great.” -Milton Glaser Well here I am challenging myself to be great.
I’m on an ongoing quest to better myself and establish healthy habits for life. Well talking about these habits and daydreaming about the effect they could have on my mind, body, and overall happiness won’t do me any good if I don’t consciously practice them. So I’ve set up a little challenge for myself for the next six weeks, feel free to join along!
The B (not so) Easy 6 Week Challenge
Basic rules for the challenge:
- No wheat for the full 6 weeks
- Must try a new recipe weekly
- Must eat a salad daily (can be a quinoa or grain based but must include raw veggies)
- Must be active for 30 minutes daily (yes, every day! “rest day” activities can be a 30 min. walk or yoga, just get movin!)
- Must stretch every day!
- Must read and reflect daily (can be an article, a quote, a chapter in a book, just exercise your mind and connect with your thoughts in writing)
At the start of each week I will introduce a physical or nutritional challenge or provide direction for my daily reads and post a reflection on the blog. So here goes, week 1 starts now!